Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Larsen House, Now In Stone Gray

I realized it had been awhile since I told everyone that I was going to be repainting my house and refinishing the deck. It's been done for awhile now, but I just had a chance to take some pictures, so now you can see the difference.


Here's a far-away shot of the house with the new paint. I like the sandstone color, although I have to say it looks more "tan" than "gray", but what do I know, I'm not a painting professional :).


A closer shot of the house.


From our back yard, and there's the deck with the "California Rustic" stain that I fell in love with (OK, fell in love is a strong phrase, but really, I like it a great deal :).



Finally, one additional step I took... I pulled down the overgrown honeysuckle trellises and gave the entire fence all the way around a strong pressure wash. The net result is that my poor apple, peach and nectarine trees will finally get to see some sunlight and hopefully produce some fruit again (the apple tree is already going gangbusters :) ).

All in all, I think we did a good job on the place. Much thanks to my dad for the assistance and the loan of the power sprayer. It helped considerably. So to all our friends, please feel free to come by and pay a visit, only don't look for the light blue house, because it isn't there anymore :).

1 comment: