A few weeks ago, y'all read about my diving into deck repair because boards were damaged and needed to be replaced. I decided that I did not want to have to do something similar for my house at a later date, so I decided now was the time to commit to getting things in order. What's more, the deck work gave me familiarity with using both a presure washer and a paint sprayer. These are two absolutely *wonderful* inventions, and I'm kicking myself for not having learned how to use them sooner.
The only problem is that, in my life, having dedicated time to blow out a project at one shot is rare and hard to come by, which means taking on projects like this have to get stretched into multiple days, if not weeks. Still, if it's going to get done, one must make the time and commit to the process, which I now have. This week, I invested in my own power washer and took on the prep work of the house. All the paint has been purchased (at least all the paint that I *think* I'll need). Now it's just a matter of covering, taping, painting and waiting to dry. Lather rinse and repeat. For however long it takes.
This is the before shot.
I'm looking forward to when I can post the "after" picture. Goodbye Baby Blue, hello Stone Gray and Colonial White.