Friday, February 20, 2009

The "Married Meme"

Yeah, I know, it's a cheap blog post, but hey, for those that are actually interested in the daily dynamic of Christina's and my life, as well as some tidbits I may not have talked about elsewhere, well, here ya' go :).

This is kind of like the 25 things - except there are pre-decided questions and it's about you and your spouse, not just you.


* What is your anniversary date?
December 5

* What are your middle names?
Mine is Spencer, hers is Judith

* How long have you been together?
Together together? or married together? We started dating in September of 1990, so that would be 18+ years. We both had a non-exclusive dating clause for awhile, but got serious about six months after that. We've been married since 1992 (16 years)

* How long did you know each other before you started dating?
About a week.

* Who asked who out?
I did.

* How old are each of of you?
I’m three days shy of one year older than Christina.

* Whose siblings do/did you see the most?
Christina’s an only child, so I win this by default :).

* Do you have any children together?
All of them :) (seriously, three)

* What about pets
We’ve had a few over the years; two budgerigars, a cockatiel, an African grey parrot, and a rotating menagerie of fish. Most recent addition to the family is Rikku our beloved Pembroke Corgi :)

* Did you go to the same school?
Nope, I grew up in Danville, and she grew up in San Bruno.

* Are you from the same home town?
See above.

* Who is the smartest?
Depends on the topic. I can claim more “book smarts” in certain things, but I think Christina does better than me in a lot of “common sense” and “street smarts” areas.

* Who is the most sensitive?
Christina, hands down (LOL!).

* Where do you eat out most as a couple?
We have a rotating circuit of Sushi and Thai places we go to.

* Who has the worst temper?
I think we’re about the same in this category. Neither of us tends to get mad unless we’re both overly tired or frustrated with something.

* Who does the cooking?
Most of the time Christina, but I have some kitchen skills, too :)

* Who is more social?
When we first got together, I was (came from years of being a musician). These days, I think it’s a draw.

* Who is the neat-freak?
Christina, by a long shot (LOL!)

* Who is the more stubborn?
Neither of us are really stubborn. We kinda’ pride ourselves on being able to see the others view and being willing to take other ideas into account.

* Who hogs the bed?
Typically, me.

* Who wakes up earlier?
Me definitely, I’m out the door most days before 5:00 AM.

* Where was your first date?
Mandarin Chinese restaurant in Millbrae, CA, followed by a walk along “Hotel Row” in Burlingame right next to San Francisco Bay.

* Who has the bigger family?
Me. Christina’s an only child, I am the oldest of four.

* How do you spend the holidays?
Our families are both nearby, so we spend Christmas eve at our house with Christina’s parents, and then we spend Christmas day over at my parents place.

* Who is more jealous?
I don't think either of us are. (Christina actually calls me “oblivious” on that front a lot of the time (LOL!))

* How long did it take to get serious?
About 6 months, though I think we both saw definite rumblings in that direction after about 6 weeks. We both had some trust issues to work through (I was a singer for a rock band at the time, can’t say I blamed her for not wanting to rush anything there (LOL!) ).

* Who does/did the laundry?
She does.

* Who’s better with the computer?
I am, but then I should hope so seeing my livelihood revolves around them :).

* Who drives when you are together?
Any drive that’s more than two or three miles, me (LOL!).

No comments: