Thursday, October 9, 2008

Madd Money: To All My Friends... PLEASE READ THIS BOOK!!!

Hello Everyone!


I've decided that, in the times that we live in, I will give a loud and public recommendation for what I feel will be the second most valuable book that one can apply to their life today and make dramatic changes (the first most valuable book I can recommend is "The Book of Mormon", but that's a much biger topic than what I can fit into a blog review :) ).


No, today, with our wild and chaotic times as they currently stand, I feel it absolutely essential that I tell everyone I know to READ THIS BOOK... Dave Ramsey's "The Total Money Makeover".



Yes, I freely admit, I *ADORE* Dave Ramsey and his advice. I think we have reached a time in our country's history where people *must* do all they can to make a commitment to do one thing, and that's do all that they can to live within their means and make an absolute commitment to GETTING OUT OF DEBT!!!


What's more, I think that every member of CONGRESS and both of our Presidential Candidates should commit to reading this book. In my personal, rather humble opinion, the best thing that this country and its inhabitants can do is learn to get off of the DEBT binge, put ourselves on a spending diet, plan and budget for real, and make a point to put hard work and diligent personal productivity first and, dare I say it "ACT OUR WAGE"!!!


The motto of this book is that we should "Live Like No One Else, So That Later, You Can Live Like No One Else". Imagine a world where people are not focused primarily on working to pay off credit card debts, student loan debts, car debts and mortgage debts. What kind of spirit would you bring into your workplace if you didn't have to work under those burdens? I can only speak for myself, as I am currently and hope to forever stay debt free, but it is a wonderful feeling. My hope is that *everyone* can feel that way.


An oft quoted phrase in my Church is that "if you have knowledge of something that you cherish and enjoy, wouldn't you want to share that with others?". It's the guiding principle behind why Latter-day Saints try to preach the Gospel and send missionaries out into the world. Well, I'm going to say that I feel the debt-free lifestyle is something I cherish and enjoy, and I want to share it with everyone as well. So consider this a heartfelt recommendation in the strongest of terms... if you are in debt and want to get out of it, if you want to get your hands on a very common sense, uplifting and yes, spiritually focused way to frame your debt issues and get your spending, debts and future investing power under control, I strongly urge you to read this book. If you want to fix the economy, start at home, and then work your way out from there. We are the change that we want to see, and the power is within US, not the U.S. Give it a read, check it out from the library, borrow it from a friend, whatever, but seriously, read the ideas, ponder the message and the principles, and then put them into action. You will not be disappointed.

No comments: